You will oversee all Scandinavian content, working directly on Skiinfo.no, and managing freelance writers who produce content for our Swedish and Danish sites and apps. You are expected to be a major content producer, manage the Norwegian social media feeds, and work with the Sr. Managing Editor/Europe to manage the Scandinavian content budget.
Areas of responsibility/Role:
1. Managing Editor for Skiinfo’s Scandinavian sites and apps: Norway, Denmark, Sweden
- Manage content flow for all three sites and apps.
- Communicate editorial schedule with Sr. Managing Editor/Europe.
- Work with freelance contributors for all three sites.
- Lead editorial planning & scheduling process for the Scandinavian sites.
- Work with sales team as necessary to ensure that they are aware of editorial projects.
- Manage social media for Norwegian language.
- Translation of portal template, news stories or other elements as necessary.
- Implement and follow up on MNCs SEO guidelines.
- Manage and produce weekly newsletter in Norwegian.
- Facilitate feed collaborations with media (weekly newspaper modules).
2. Content producer
- Write at least 3 posts per week, plus major contributor to feature content.
- Travel and report from the field as necessary.
3. Resort communication and data
- Support ski resorts in high season on a daily basis.
- Ensure high quality on data for Norwegian ski resorts.
4. Manage of freelance writers for Scandinavian sites.
- Manage relationship with regional newswriters for each site.
- Work with newswriters to ensure topics, photography and posting process meet MNC’s goals.
- Process incoming invoices from news contributors.
5. Manage Scandinavian content budget on daily/weekly basis and work with the Sr. Managing Editor/Europe (Germany) on budget initiatives.
6. Brand Steward
- Monitor all aspects of Skiinfo/MNC content. Ensure that content quality meets standards and editorial voice matches goals.
- Manage content flow to ensure that site has a brand-conscious variety of topics, stories, personalities and regions.
- Study trends in skiing and media; ensure that Skiinfo/MNC is at the cutting edge of both.
- Experience in online editorial production
- Oral and written fluency in Norwegian and English.
- Energetic, web-savvy, passionate snow sports enthusiast
- Expertise in MS Office and Basic HTML are helpful.
- Knowledge and experience with SEO and Google Analytics.
- Familiar with trends in digital media distribution channels, including social media, web analytics, newsletter clients, etc.
- Intimate knowledge of ski/snowboard, outdoor sports and winter travel industries.
- Ability to develop relationships with writers, photographers and press contacts in outdoor industry
The position is based at Skiinfo Office in Oslo - Norway and will report to the Senior Managing Editor Europe, who is based in Münster, Germany. We are a small team working closely together to help each other to succeed, and candidates must thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment in which your job may be constantly evolving.